Name: Alan
Gender: Male
Birthday: June 6, 1985
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Born in the Year of the: Ox
Industry: Communications / Media
Occupation: Network Technician
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Major: Art
Favorite Place: Curled up under my covers, especially if it's cold out.
Color: Candy Apple Red (like my Strat)
Movies: High Fidelity, Mallrats, Empire Records, Orange County, and Almost Famous
Actor's: John Cusack, Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp (Pirate's Owned), Jason Lee, and Ron Jerem... uh I mean Jack Black.
Actress': (In order of preference)
1) Renee Zellweger(minus Chicago, she was looking kinda nasty in that one)
2) Kate Hudson
3) Elisha Cuthbert (my wife bee-ah-tch!!!)
4) Catherine Zeta-Jones
5) Kiera Knightly (damn she looks good in a corsette)
Show's: “Smallville” (yeah, it's sad I know), “Family Guy”, “Futurama”, “Everwood”, and “Two and a Half Men”.
Literary Work: “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poem's: “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost and “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allen Poe
Author(s): Anne Rice, Brian Jacques, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Stephen E. Ambrose
Random Question:
Q: You're wearing a sweater that stretches down to your feet. What color belt do you put on?
A: Who says I'm wearing pants?
03.2003 04.2003 05.2003 06.2003 07.2003 08.2003 09.2003 10.2003 11.2003 12.2003 01.2004 02.2004 03.2004 04.2004 05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005


::5.09.2004::



Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood...



"There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool would continue..."
- Edward Bloom, Big Fish

I hate the middle. I've never considered my self to take a side, never opted to stand specifically for one philosophy or another, never chose to fight or continue. Tonight was prom night and I'm a fucking wreck. Two and a half years, for two and a half years I've done nothing but pine over Lightfeather. The funniest part is that I remember dating all these other people, but none of them specifically stick out in my mind. I've spent two and a half years trying to find the happiness that I once had with her. Then I start thinking about it tonight. I began to recall the two times that I went to prom, freshman and sophomore year. I began to recall those I knew all dressed up, oozing with elegance, beauty and charm. Then my mind, like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon, hurls itself through time and space instantly arriving at the present. I begin to imagine her; I begin to imagine her dress flowing about her like a satiny stream. It's a royal blue, with ice blue sequins embellishing its fluidic hems. The dress brings out her eyes, and accentuates the correlation of the curves in her face and body. I begin to imagine her hair, worn up and styled in some fashion to match the sequins adorning the dress; I always thought that when it was down it hid her face. I see her eyes, piercing, yet soothing; leaving one with the impression that they'd been run down by a sheet of satin. I see love in those eyes, I see the beauty of her being and of the way she looks in that dress, though like the beauty of a rose or snow flake. That love retreats just as the season in which these things exist does; leaving no evidence of their being, only the lingering memory of the ecstasy and splendor they once held.

I know that I've lost. The fight came and went as I just stood there watching. Yet there is a pale glimmer, like that of a single star in the night's sky. A whispering voice on the wind telling me the fight isn't over, that I haven' missed it, it will soon rise again, that a hero will be called for and whether or not one rises to the occasion is in my meager hands.

"...The truth is, I've always been a fool."
- Edward Bloom, Big Fish

>> Alan spun round and round on 5/09/2004 12:33:00 AM


Comments: Post a Comment