Name: Alan
Gender: Male
Birthday: June 6, 1985
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Born in the Year of the: Ox
Industry: Communications / Media
Occupation: Network Technician
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Major: Art
Favorite Place: Curled up under my covers, especially if it's cold out.
Color: Candy Apple Red (like my Strat)
Movies: High Fidelity, Mallrats, Empire Records, Orange County, and Almost Famous
Actor's: John Cusack, Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp (Pirate's Owned), Jason Lee, and Ron Jerem... uh I mean Jack Black.
Actress': (In order of preference)
1) Renee Zellweger(minus Chicago, she was looking kinda nasty in that one)
2) Kate Hudson
3) Elisha Cuthbert (my wife bee-ah-tch!!!)
4) Catherine Zeta-Jones
5) Kiera Knightly (damn she looks good in a corsette)
Show's: “Smallville” (yeah, it's sad I know), “Family Guy”, “Futurama”, “Everwood”, and “Two and a Half Men”.
Literary Work: “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poem's: “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost and “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allen Poe
Author(s): Anne Rice, Brian Jacques, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Stephen E. Ambrose
Random Question:
Q: You're wearing a sweater that stretches down to your feet. What color belt do you put on?
A: Who says I'm wearing pants?
03.2003 04.2003 05.2003 06.2003 07.2003 08.2003 09.2003 10.2003 11.2003 12.2003 01.2004 02.2004 03.2004 04.2004 05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005


::3.31.2004::



We all make mistakes...



Why? Why am I continually destined to make huge drastic mistakes, and then turn around and try to fix them without first stopping to think about it? Why am I doomed to only recognize the consequences of my actions when it has become far too late to do anything about them? Damned hindsight... So here is the scoop:

Friday night – Tiff is supposed to start tomorrow, and Kris (one of the managers of ‘Freeland’s’) comes to me and asks me to come in early and train Tiff because Kris won’t be able to make it to work when she told Tiff to get there. (Big mistake #5 – getting ex-girlfriend job at the same restaurant that I work at, without expecting or at least considering that the past will be brought fourth) Now, I was raised to never say no to your boss, so being the stupid totter that I am, I told Kris sure. (Big mistake #4 – saying yes to something you know is going to fuck up your life)

Saturday – I show up at six fifteen, fifteen minutes earlier than Kris asked me too. I needed to get some stuff together for training. Six thirty rolls around and Tiff shows up… I’m speechless; maybe it was the lighting, or the smoke, or just the atmosphere of the bar rearing it’s head and regaining it’s bearings on the world, I don’t know exactly what, but when I looked across the bar time stood still and all I could see was her and she glowed. I’m not talking like a light hit her just right, I mean her whole being shimmered and shined brighter than any sun, and sparkled more than any star in the night sky. It was as though the rest of the world reeled back in worship at her divinity, and only I was foolish to look upon the goddess. (Big mistake #3 – my failing to recognize the possibility of my feelings for her becoming too overwhelming for me to control.) Needless to say as soon as Kris got there I hurried my ass back to the kitchen in the hopes my flat feet would touch solid ground again, looking for the world to return.

Sunday – I wake up around eleven, and in the process of foraging for breakfast, my brother tells me that Tiff called earlier. The nourishment that I was seeking quickly became a phone call, shower, shave and a hurried drive to her house to pick her up (Big mistake #2 – saying yes and going with her that day, not that I regret that one). She is on spring break next week so she wanted me to go swimsuit shopping with her (that I didn’t care about I just wanted to hangout with her). After going to both Perimeter Mall and Northpoint Mall, we ended up going back to my place (more specifically my room…) and throwing in a movie (“Blow” with Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz). I’d never watched it, and I didn’t watch it with her, about twenty minutes into the movie I couldn’t focus anymore. I ended up just laying there on my bed with her next to me and listening to her breath. She was falling asleep, but there was something about her that just made me melt like ice on a hot summer’s day. She fussed at me for letting her fall asleep, and eventually gave a shock that I still am reeling from today. About three quarters of the way through the movie she rolls over and asks me if I want to make out. All of you ladies out there who follow this out there I’ve a question for you WTF is with you and driving men insane!!?? I mean this is the same girl who just a few weeks ago was quoted as saying “let’s just be friends” when I asked about a good night kiss. I pulled her closer to me, full filled her bidding, and I mean what else was I supposed to do? I dropped her off and went to work where, being the love struck puppy that I am I could not focus on a single thing. I brought it up with one of my female confidants, and she replied “You’re in love. And now she’s got you thinking and that makes you putty in her hands, the worst part is that she probably knows it.”

And the #1 biggest mistake I’ve made is falling in love.

“She looked so beautiful in the moonlight, but it wasn't only the way she looked, it was what was inside her, everything from her intelligence and courage to her wit, and the special smile she gave only to him. He would slay a dragon, if there were such a thing, just to see that smile. He knew he would never want anyone else for as long as he lived. He would rather spend the rest of his life alone than with someone else. There could be no one else.”

Richard Cypher, Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

>> Alan spun round and round on 3/31/2004 11:49:00 AM


Comments: Post a Comment