Name: Alan
Gender: Male
Birthday: June 6, 1985
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Born in the Year of the: Ox
Industry: Communications / Media
Occupation: Network Technician
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Major: Art
Favorite Place: Curled up under my covers, especially if it's cold out.
Color: Candy Apple Red (like my Strat)
Movies: High Fidelity, Mallrats, Empire Records, Orange County, and Almost Famous
Actor's: John Cusack, Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp (Pirate's Owned), Jason Lee, and Ron Jerem... uh I mean Jack Black.
Actress': (In order of preference)
1) Renee Zellweger(minus Chicago, she was looking kinda nasty in that one)
2) Kate Hudson
3) Elisha Cuthbert (my wife bee-ah-tch!!!)
4) Catherine Zeta-Jones
5) Kiera Knightly (damn she looks good in a corsette)
Show's: “Smallville” (yeah, it's sad I know), “Family Guy”, “Futurama”, “Everwood”, and “Two and a Half Men”.
Literary Work: “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poem's: “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost and “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allen Poe
Author(s): Anne Rice, Brian Jacques, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Stephen E. Ambrose
Random Question:
Q: You're wearing a sweater that stretches down to your feet. What color belt do you put on?
A: Who says I'm wearing pants?
03.2003 04.2003 05.2003 06.2003 07.2003 08.2003 09.2003 10.2003 11.2003 12.2003 01.2004 02.2004 03.2004 04.2004 05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005


::3.22.2004::



REAL-izations abound.



Wow, it's been quite some time since my last update, so this is going to be a very long entry. One of the kitchen guys at Freeland's has gone on spring break, so I've been picking up quite a few shifts there, and needless to say though I'm making quite a bit of money, its been killing me. It has been quite a while since I've been this tired, but once this guy gets back from spring break, I'll have plenty of money to go on a trip of my own. I never heard back from Amy (the 'Starbucks' girl), so I'm kind of bummed about that.

I managed to get Tiff a job at Freeland's as a hostess (long story), but the more that I think about it now, I really don't want her to work there, even though she really wants to get into the food industry. I do really care about her, but you know, she almost never showed the same care toward me, it just makes me start thinking about where I really stand with her. Oh well, guess I'll just have to toughen up and keep business and personal separate.

Sarah has been acting all buddy-buddy with me lately, and frankly it's rather bothersome. I've found that I'm still very attracted to her, and that she has become flirtier than before, making it difficult to an unimaginable degree not to do anything. She dragged me to one of the FWHC meetings the other day too, and while I believe in a woman?s choice, I really didn't want to be there. I'm not a very politically active person, and to be forcibly shoved into that lime light, well, I think I can say that we?ve all had an experience similar to that. It's kind of scary talking to her nowadays, she has got to be the oldest 17 year old I know, she worries about all these things that most of the people work worry about and most of them are late 20's early 30's. It's disturbing having to see someone waste their youth fretting over things that most people don't begin thinking about until their married. Oh well, it's not my problem or my choice. All the same though, I really and truly wish that she would stop trying to get back into my life, I know it's mean to say, but in all honestly I was doing better without having to deal with her.

The screen play is coming along nicely, but I'm going to have to cancel the web comic for the time being, I just haven't got the time that I thought I'd have and I can't seem to place together a storyline that I actually like. I'm working on several songs in varying styles from rock to blues, but the screenplay is by far the biggest project in the wood works so to speak. If I get around to it, I'll be posting a few teasers from it soon.

Speaking of writers, I had lunch with Miguel today and he is still as modest as I remember. I hadn't seen him since graduation, and it was really hard to believe that it's been almost a year since we last hung out. He's hardly changed, a little older and a little wiser, but still same ol' Miguel. We had a quaint lunch at Chic-Fil-A and then just sat and chatted about what we've been up to, where we see ourselves going, ect. ect.. It was weird though, I don't remember exactly when, but at some point during the conversation I stopped and realized, "Wow, I really sound like an adult." I mean here I am on my lunch break talking to someone who, not even a year ago, I could sit with and do nothing but make poop and fart jokes with and that would be a decent conversation. Needless to say I felt empowered, I was like woah, did I just say that, did I just go through a whole conversation where all we discussed were our views on the media and where we want to be in the entertainment industry in 10 years??!! I guess the past year just converged itself all in that moment, and it finally set in that the days of going out and doing things only because they were 'fun' were over, and now it was time to get down to the business of living. I don't know maybe I'm just rambling again (as I'm known to do), but it doesn't feel like it, no this is different. I can't quite place it with all those other times.

>> Alan spun round and round on 3/22/2004 11:46:00 AM


Comments: Post a Comment