Name: Alan
Gender: Male
Birthday: June 6, 1985
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Born in the Year of the: Ox
Industry: Communications / Media
Occupation: Network Technician
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Major: Art
Favorite Place: Curled up under my covers, especially if it's cold out.
Color: Candy Apple Red (like my Strat)
Movies: High Fidelity, Mallrats, Empire Records, Orange County, and Almost Famous
Actor's: John Cusack, Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp (Pirate's Owned), Jason Lee, and Ron Jerem... uh I mean Jack Black.
Actress': (In order of preference)
1) Renee Zellweger(minus Chicago, she was looking kinda nasty in that one)
2) Kate Hudson
3) Elisha Cuthbert (my wife bee-ah-tch!!!)
4) Catherine Zeta-Jones
5) Kiera Knightly (damn she looks good in a corsette)
Show's: “Smallville” (yeah, it's sad I know), “Family Guy”, “Futurama”, “Everwood”, and “Two and a Half Men”.
Literary Work: “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poem's: “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost and “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allen Poe
Author(s): Anne Rice, Brian Jacques, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Stephen E. Ambrose
Random Question:
Q: You're wearing a sweater that stretches down to your feet. What color belt do you put on?
A: Who says I'm wearing pants?
03.2003 04.2003 05.2003 06.2003 07.2003 08.2003 09.2003 10.2003 11.2003 12.2003 01.2004 02.2004 03.2004 04.2004 05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005


::2.05.2004::



My Brain Hurts...



So I was looking at the 'Lastest Published' thing on the Blogger Website and saw "Hot Abercrombie Chick!" on the list. Catching my attention and thinking dear god what spoiled 12 year old is publishing pure stupidity now, I braved the waters and click the link, 'just for kicks'. I was both shocked and amazed, the site belonged to a college freshman majoring in philosophy. In addition to being really freaking hot, she is using her blog for a very unique concept, a giant discussion board. I dunno, maybe I'm rambling still stunned at what started as blatant cynnasisim, and has turned into serious provoking thought. Her latest post is dealing with, "the philosophical/psychological view that mental states (things like: the experience of being in pain, feeling emotions, thinking about something, etc.) are the same as brain states (having particular parts of your brain stimulated in particular ways)." Now, as much as I'd like to say that I fully understand this, even after having read her posting about 4 times, I still feel as though I've been bashed in the head with a decent sized flounder or maybe a pike. It's some complex stuff, I mean here I thought that my term paper on the underlying philosopihes within the the movie "The Matrix" was a good read, this girl's site is well if you'll pardon the pun, mind-blowing. I dunno, maybe I've just spent too much time away from the books and class rooms, my mind dulled, now where near the diamond edge it once was. God, I need to get back to school.

P.s. For those who don't know, the little thing below this '_________ Loves Me' is my new comment system, care of haloscans.com.

>> Alan spun round and round on 2/05/2004 11:51:00 AM


Comments: Post a Comment