Name: Alan
Gender: Male
Birthday: June 6, 1985
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Born in the Year of the: Ox
Industry: Communications / Media
Occupation: Network Technician
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Major: Art
Favorite Place: Curled up under my covers, especially if it's cold out.
Color: Candy Apple Red (like my Strat)
Movies: High Fidelity, Mallrats, Empire Records, Orange County, and Almost Famous
Actor's: John Cusack, Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp (Pirate's Owned), Jason Lee, and Ron Jerem... uh I mean Jack Black.
Actress': (In order of preference)
1) Renee Zellweger(minus Chicago, she was looking kinda nasty in that one)
2) Kate Hudson
3) Elisha Cuthbert (my wife bee-ah-tch!!!)
4) Catherine Zeta-Jones
5) Kiera Knightly (damn she looks good in a corsette)
Show's: “Smallville” (yeah, it's sad I know), “Family Guy”, “Futurama”, “Everwood”, and “Two and a Half Men”.
Literary Work: “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poem's: “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost and “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allen Poe
Author(s): Anne Rice, Brian Jacques, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Stephen E. Ambrose
Random Question:
Q: You're wearing a sweater that stretches down to your feet. What color belt do you put on?
A: Who says I'm wearing pants?
03.2003 04.2003 05.2003 06.2003 07.2003 08.2003 09.2003 10.2003 11.2003 12.2003 01.2004 02.2004 03.2004 04.2004 05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005


::12.03.2003::



Ph34r t3h d3p7h...



I was flipping through the airwaves of my famed 'boob-tube', and came across this show "Everwood". Now, personally I see it as a debacle of modern drama, portraying that adolescents are far more intelligent than their parents, that good parenting comes only from listening to what your children believe is right, and in essence giving them what they feel it is that they want. I earnestly can say that in some cases compromising is the way to go about it, but to give your child what it is they say they want at that exact second is suicide as a parent. God knows that I myself have desired this or that, only to realize somewhere down this proverbial road called life, it wasn’t what I needed. My own parents have stepped up to the plate, and denied me this or that, and ultimately there have been times when I hated it, and times where my only response is ‘thank you’.

But, I digress, I post this excerpt because it was what was on, and as much as I hate to admit it, it’s true. The more that I’ve thought about the message of this passage, the more that I’ve contemplated the concept of a fatal flaw the more I’ve come to realize how often we ignore our own flaws, assuming that others will just spot them at first glance.

With the events that have been going on in my life over the last few years I’ve realized that I’ve only been lying to myself. Hearing whatever I wanted to hear, saying what others wanted to hear, doing what others have wanted me to do, all in the guise of trying to get myself to feel better. What I once thought love has turned to lust, truth to lies, and valor to humiliation. I’ve come to realize that the people I most need to thank are the ones that I’ve sent away.


“My Fatal Flaw, by Ephram Brown

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I'm not sure who the first person was who said that. Probably Shakespeare. Or maybe Sting. But at the moment, it's the sentence that best explains my tragic flaw: my inability to change.

I don't think I'm alone in this. The more I get to know other people, the more I realize it's kind of everyone's flaw. Staying exactly the same for as long as possible, standing perfectly still... It feels safer somehow. And if you are suffering, at least the pain is familiar. Because if you took that leap of faith, went outside the box, did something unexpected... Who knows what other pain might be out there, waiting for you. Chances are it could be even worse.

So you maintain the status quo. Choose the road already traveled and it doesn't seem that bad. Not as far as flaws go. You're not a drug addict. You're not killing anyone... Except maybe yourself a little.

When we finally do change, I don't think it happens like an earthquake or an explosion, where all of a sudden we're like this different person. I think it's smaller than that. The kind of thing most people wouldn't even notice unless they looked at us really close. Which, thank God, they never do.

But you notice it. Inside you that change feels like a world of difference. And you hope this is it. This is the person you get to be forever... that you'll never have to change again.”

>> Alan spun round and round on 12/03/2003 09:52:00 PM


Comments: Post a Comment