Name: Alan
Gender: Male
Birthday: June 6, 1985
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Born in the Year of the: Ox
Industry: Communications / Media
Occupation: Network Technician
Location: Roswell, Georgia
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Major: Art
Favorite Place: Curled up under my covers, especially if it's cold out.
Color: Candy Apple Red (like my Strat)
Movies: High Fidelity, Mallrats, Empire Records, Orange County, and Almost Famous
Actor's: John Cusack, Antonio Banderas, Johnny Depp (Pirate's Owned), Jason Lee, and Ron Jerem... uh I mean Jack Black.
Actress': (In order of preference)
1) Renee Zellweger(minus Chicago, she was looking kinda nasty in that one)
2) Kate Hudson
3) Elisha Cuthbert (my wife bee-ah-tch!!!)
4) Catherine Zeta-Jones
5) Kiera Knightly (damn she looks good in a corsette)
Show's: “Smallville” (yeah, it's sad I know), “Family Guy”, “Futurama”, “Everwood”, and “Two and a Half Men”.
Literary Work: “Self-Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Poem's: “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost and “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allen Poe
Author(s): Anne Rice, Brian Jacques, Edgar Allen Poe, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Stephen E. Ambrose
Random Question:
Q: You're wearing a sweater that stretches down to your feet. What color belt do you put on?
A: Who says I'm wearing pants?
03.2003 04.2003 05.2003 06.2003 07.2003 08.2003 09.2003 10.2003 11.2003 12.2003 01.2004 02.2004 03.2004 04.2004 05.2004 06.2004 07.2004 08.2004 09.2004 10.2004 11.2004 12.2004 01.2005


::6.06.2003::



So haven’t made an entry for a while and yesterday definitely gave me the inspiration to write…

Anyhow, guess who called… Tiff. We met up in the park and tossed the Frisbee around for a while then we went for ice cream. After that we each did our own thing I went for dinner and she went to Venture group (she described it as co-ed boy scouts). After that at about 9:00 we went to Barnes & Noble and hung out there until 10:00 when we went to see Down with Love. The movie itself wasn’t that bad, but the activity in the theatre got to me. It was rather uncomfortable sitting next to someone who I realized that I’ve still got a little feeling for. I thought that I was over her but just spending time with her it all came back. I didn’t have any trouble controlling it all, but sitting there it just got me thinking and to be honest I hardly remember anything about the movie. Then when I was getting out of the car after the movie I looked over at her and the look on her face made me think that she was expecting me to kiss her or something. WTF do you do in that type of situation, that kind of relationship is over and done with between her and I and it’s not like one can just blatantly say something about it. We are finally getting back to just being friends and a situation like that occurs, just no… bad… not fun.

At this point in my life for every reason I can think of to get tangled into that situation I can think of two reasons not to. Honestly I could use a break from it all, from my life, from summer, better yet from Georgia. As much as I dislike the direction that my friend Jason took, I am seriously thinking about going and visiting him in Florida, if only to just get away from here long enough to hit the proverbial reset button. I haven’t been on a vacation where I actually relaxed and did what I wanted and needed to do well over three years. Hell, I haven’t been to a concert since I moved here and that was almost eight years ago now. I hate Roswell, I’m constantly pacing the floor, restless; I need to get out go find some adventure or travel or something. I remember the last time that I felt that divine sense of adventure and freedom; it was the summer of eighth grade when I went down to Tybee and spent the night on the beach. I remember the fires of the sun rise, and the glow of the ocean, and the magnificence of it all. The glory and awe of that one moment, is something that has been merely memory since that day.

I’m beginning work on another song, and I might start to post some of my essays, as everyone seems to be asking me what I’m up to. All that stuff though I’m going to post in my profile, the link on the left side of the page. I’ll be sure and give everyone a heads up though when I do. I haven’t updated my profile since March, so I’m thinking that it’s about time.

Song to Checkout ---> Bon Jovi “Drift Away” (The new Uncle Kracker version sucks compared to the Bon Jovi cover of this classic Dobie Gray song)

>> Alan spun round and round on 6/06/2003 10:37:00 AM


Comments: Post a Comment